Ester-C from Solgar
Vitamin C plays an integral role in immune support and is often the first supplement considered by those who feel under the weather. Numerous studies have shown that vitamin C may play a role in supporting immune defences.
As it is vital for the functioning of white blood cells. Vitamin C is thought to support both innate and adaptive immunity and has been shown to stimulate the production and function of white blood cells such as neutrophils, lymphocytes and phagocytes which help fight off foreign bacteria and viruses. Due to its antioxidant properties, vitamin C also helps to protect immune cells from oxidative damage.
Ester-C® is a unique form of vitamin C that is pH neutral and contains calcium and vitamin C metabolites called threonates. These metabolites activate the vitamin C molecules making it easier for the body to transport them from cell to cell for numerous health benefits including immune support. Studies show Ester-C® intake increases vitamin C and white blood cell levels in the body and the presence of key metabolites such as threonate may contribute to this
increase in levels and retention of vitamin C by the body’s cells.
Research has found that Ester-C® significantly increases leukocyte vitamin C levels compared to standard ascorbic acid and that this may be due to the metabolites which have been shown to facilitate absorption and enhance retention. This improved bioavailability in leukocytes may be beneficial to overall immune function.
• Ester-C® Plus provides a unique calcium ascorbate metabolite complex plus the addition of acerola, citrus bioflavonoid complex, rutin and rose hips
• Contains the vitamin C metabolites that occur along with vitamin C in nature
• pH neutral (non-acidic)
• For those who are sensitive to standard ascorbic acid supplements
• Available in capsules and tablets at 500mg and 1000mg strengths
• Kosher and Halal options available