OptiBac Bifidobacteria & fibre
OptiBac Bifidobacteria & fibre has been created especially for those seeking high-quality natural bacteria and fibre supplement. It contains Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®, thought to be the most researched strain of the entire Bifidobacterium family, and 4g of FOS (fructooligosaccharides). Suggested for daily use, each capsule provides 5 billion live microorganisms that will survive through stomach acidity and bile salts and is guaranteed per capsule until end of expiry. OptiBac ‘Bifidobacteria & fibre’ is suitable for infants (one year+), women during pregnancy, vegans, vegetarians and is also gluten-free for those with celiac disease or those with an intolerance.
Available in two pack sizes of 10 or 30 sachets of live cultures. Each sachet provides a count of over 5 billion natural bacteria, guaranteed to the end of expiry. All OptiBac strains are thoroughly researched and documented, so you can be confident you’re getting a high-quality supplement.
It is important to note that this supplement, unlike many other live cultures products, does not require refrigeration due to improvements in freeze-drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions.
Note: Fructooligosaccharides may initially result in flatulence and / or bloating in some people. These side effects are temporary and should stop as the body adjusts. If side effects continue for 3-4 days, consider reducing the dosage.
This is a food supplement and it is not intended to prevent, treat, nor diagnose any medical conditions.
Which specific strain?
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®
OptiBac Bifidobacteria & fibre
- High quality, well researched live cultures of B. lactis BB-12® that are scientifically proven to reach the gut alive
- Each sachet provides 5 billion live cultures and 4g of FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) per sachet, guaranteed until end of expiry
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12® has seen extensive clinical research and is thought to be the world’s most researched strain of Bifidobacterium
- Does not require refrigeration, unlike many live cultures supplements
- Suitable for infants (one year+), women during pregnancy, breastfeeding mothers, the elderly, vegans and vegetarians, and gluten-free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance
- Take one sachet initially and up to four sachets per day if required, with plenty of water
Instructions For Use
Take 1 sachet initially and up to 4 sachets per day if required, with plenty of water.
- Adults and children (one year and over): Take one sachet daily with food, preferably with breakfast when stomach acidity is at its most neutral.
- For ongoing use: one sachet will often suffice but more can be taken as desired, or as professionally instructed.
- Shake the sachet, then slowly sprinkle contents into a glass of water and vigorously swirl to dissolve fully.
- Do not use a spoon as this may cause the sachet contents to clump. Drink plenty of water with this supplement.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, ‘Bifidobacteria & fibre’ does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- Standardised culture: Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®; Fructose
- Anticaking agent: silicon dioxide
Each sachet guarantees 5 billion micro-organisms + 4g FOS fibres.
Suitable for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets.